Closing browser(with frame)

Guest

Hi
Need some advice here..
I have a frame with a hyperlink to logout from the site
When the Logout link (on the left frame) is clicked, a page stating "You've logged out. Please login again" is displayed on the right frame
Inside the right frame, there's a hyperlink "login" that enables user to re-login to the site
when it is clicked, a new browser will be prompted to ask user to login

How do i close the browser(with frame)
Please Help.....-Audrey

Guest

To automatically close any browser window, prequisite is that the window must've been opened by some other browser window (e.g. window.open). Otherwise it will prompt the user to get the confirmation before closing itself ( using window.close())

Alternatively you can put some "target" attribute in the sign-in link, and then assign the name of the frame to that. This way, new sign in window will not open and the sigh in page will open in the same main frame.

Hope this gives you required direction.

Avnees
MCAD, MCSD.Ne