closing favorites window/frame

Stephen Witter

Is there a way using javascript in an asp to close the favorites
window when the page loads?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Stephen said:
Is there a way using javascript in an asp to close the favorites
window when the page loads?

That it is ASP on the server does not matter. The code to close the
window must be executed client-side. I do not know of a method that
affects the Favorites window in IE (maybe the `external' object
provides such, see the MSDN Library on Dynamic HTML) and I do not
understand why you think you need to manipulate it. And I doubt you
have ever heard of bookmarks and/or a web browser other than IE. My
Mozilla/5.0 for example has a Bookmark Manager window and you cannot
close it with JavaScript either.

PointedEars