Closing Files

E Tepp

Hi,

I have a program that opens a file for writing at one part, closes it
and then opens it again later for read. Although it works 99% of the
time, once in a while the file does not close correctly, at least I
think this is the problem.
The next time it reads the file it read in words with space between
each letter. For example "Hello" in the file will be read as "H e l l
o". Even on reboot the file remains open. When I delete the file and
make a now one the problem is fixed. Does anyone know how to prevent
this from happening, or at least fix it.

Thank You,
Elliott

Mike Schilling

E Tepp said:
Hi,

I have a program that opens a file for writing at one part, closes it
and then opens it again later for read. Although it works 99% of the
time, once in a while the file does not close correctly, at least I
think this is the problem.
The next time it reads the file it read in words with space between
each letter. For example "Hello" in the file will be read as "H e l l
o".
Spaces or nulls? If the latter, it sounds as if the encoding it's being
written in gets fouled up, and the program is writing 2-byte UTF-16
characters instead of single-byte UTF-8 or ASCII.