closing parent window and child window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JohnE, Jan 10, 2010.

  1. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    I have a masterpage that has a linkbutton on it for logging out (or closing
    the window), so it is the same on all pages associated with the masterpage.
    The parent page is not opened using javascript. The child windows are using
    javascript. Below is the javascript function and the linkbutton for the
    logout.

    function CloseWindow()
    {
    window.close();
    child =
    window.open('../LogOut.aspx','_blank','height=480,width=640,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,status=no')
    }

    <asp:LinkButton ID="lbtnLogOut" runat="server" OnClientClick="CloseWindow()"
    >Log Out</asp:LinkButton>

    I am asking if anyone has information that would allow the function to
    decide if the window is a child or the parent? If child then no logout
    window is needed. If parent, then the logout window is needed as it allows
    the user to re-enter, or close out and go home.

    Thanks
    John

    JohnE, Jan 10, 2010