    Hi,

    Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
    method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

    adblock, Jan 30, 2008

  2. adblock

    Crouchez Guest

    "adblock" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
    > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

    no, the server should deal with it

    Crouchez, Jan 31, 2008

  3. adblock

    Crouchez Guest

    "Crouchez" <> wrote in message

    > "adblock" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
    > > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

    > no, the server should deal with it

    hang on a minute that's too concise lol. usually on here you need to write
    about 4 paragraphs

    Crouchez, Jan 31, 2008
  4. adblock

    Lew Guest

    "adblock" <> wrote

    Crouchez wrote:
    > no, the server should deal with it
    >
    > hang on a minute that's too concise lol.

    But absolutely correct.

    --
    Lew
    An ingenue approached the infamously laconic Calvin Coolidge and gushed,

    Lew, Jan 31, 2008
  5. adblock

    adblock Guest

    > no, the server should deal with it

    ok.. but.. why? :)

    adblock, Jan 31, 2008
  6. adblock

    EJP Guest

    adblock wrote:
    >> no, the server should deal with it

    > ok.. but.. why? :)

    Because, err, that's what it's supposed to do. It has to close the
    socket some time ...

    EJP, Jan 31, 2008
  7. adblock

    Crouchez Guest

    On 31 ÑÎ×, 04:17, "Crouchez" <> wrote:
    > "adblock" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
    > > method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

    > no, the server should deal with it

    because the server deals with the sockets and keep-alive connections etc.

    Crouchez, Jan 31, 2008
  8. adblock

    Lew Guest

    "adblock" <> wrote...
    >> no, the server should deal with it

    > ok.. but.. why? :)
    >
    > On 31 ���, 04:17, "Crouchez" <> wrote:
    >> "adblock" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi,
    >>> Is it necessary to close the InputStream, which was getted by call of
    >>> method ServletRequest.getInputStream() ?

    >> no, the server should deal with it

    adblock, your quoting style is hard to follow. Just trim the post to which
    you are replying and insert your comments - no need to requote the quoted part
    again.

    Crouchez wrote:
    > because the server deals with the sockets and keep-alive connections etc.

    and so that the programmer doesn't have to. To flip your question about,
    adblock, why would you NOT let the server close it for you?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 31, 2008