Closing the Open Save Dialog when user selects Save

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BusyBoy, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. BusyBoy

    BusyBoy Guest

    Hi All

    I am using two aspx pages

    The first aspx page loads the second page in a popup window.

    The second aspx page has no html and I change its content
    type to download a particular file.

    When I get the 'Open Save Cancel' dialog box in case I click on Cancel
    or Open the box performs perfectly however when I click on save the
    user is properly presented with a dialog box
    containing the right filename.

    But here the aspx page at the back does
    not close. That is the window which started the dialog remains open
    even after the user saves the file.

    I need to close this open window.

    Can anyone help me with this ??

    Rajan

    BusyBoy, Oct 31, 2006

  2. If there's no HTML, why do you need to open a new window?

    Flinky Wisty Pomm, Oct 31, 2006

  3. "BusyBoy" wrote:
    > The first aspx page loads the second page in a popup window.
    >
    > But here the aspx page at the back does
    > not close. That is the window which started the dialog remains open
    > even after the user saves the file.
    >
    > I need to close this open window.

    You could make the only html in the page:

    <!--
    window.close();
    //-->
    </script>

    which would close the window after it has finished processing.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=, Oct 31, 2006