Closing the Open Save Dialog when user selects Save

BusyBoy

Hi All

I am using two aspx pages

The first aspx page loads the second page in a popup window.

The second aspx page has no html and I change its content
type to download a particular file.

When I get the 'Open Save Cancel' dialog box in case I click on Cancel
or Open the box performs perfectly however when I click on save the
user is properly presented with a dialog box
containing the right filename.

But here the aspx page at the back does
not close. That is the window which started the dialog remains open
even after the user saves the file.

I need to close this open window.

Can anyone help me with this ??

Rajan

Guest

BusyBoy said:
The first aspx page loads the second page in a popup window.

But here the aspx page at the back does
not close. That is the window which started the dialog remains open
even after the user saves the file.

I need to close this open window.

You could make the only html in the page:

<!--
window.close();
//-->
</script>

which would close the window after it has finished processing.