Closing the pop up and downloading a ppt file not in slideshow mode

Anitha

Hello,

I want to close a pop up and open a ppt file simultaneously using
JS. I am able to accomplish it for other types of files like pdf etc.,
but I want to download .ppt files in IE and Netscape. For .ppt files,
the file opens but immediately goes to the slideshow mode and so the
user can only view and not download the file.

How do I make them save the .ppt file?

OR

what I want to do is, open the .ppt in a new window(as opposed to
open it in the main window) and somehow make them download or open the
file not in slideshow mode.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks
Anitha