Cloud Computing

Lew

Dirk said:
Seems like "cloud computing" is just another name for "a website"

Yes, you keep making essentially the same statement over and over, and people
keep refuting it. Your opinion on the matter is, at this point, quite well
established and apparently immune to modification.

The cloud differs from other server models in how things are deployed and
delivered. This might not be an essential difference from your point of view,
but it's how the difference is defined. It is what it is.

David Segall

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax said:
I suspect that putting my site in "the cloud" would cost exactly the
same as buying extra bandwidth from my ISP host.

I chose my example carefully as an unexpected, two week, millionfold
increase in the bandwidth required to serve your web pages. Check your
contract and let us know if your "suspicion" is correct. I will be
impressed if your ISP even offers anything that would satisfy that
requirement.