CLPM - a help group?

Charlton Wilbur

AW> What makes your group of people more authoritative than anyone
AW> else,

The fact that they are actually contributing positively to the group.

AW> right to carry the pretense that they are some how aloud to

"allowed"

AW> It's nothing short of bonified hypocrisy.

"bona fide"

Perhaps you should start a habit of stopping and taking a deep breath
before posting. You're not adding anything to the group, and you're
making an ass out of yourself in public.

Charlton

Charlton Wilbur

SB> And fell right into my trap. You've become so predictable. I
SB> knew you'd go right for the user-history. And what does this
SB> history show? It displays exactly what is wrong with you and
SB> others like you in this group.

No, it shows that when you said "I was not here five years ago," you
were lying. I'm not sure how noticing that or demonstrating it in
public view means that Tad is at fault.

Go troll elsewhere; we're on to you.

Charlton

Ben Morrow

Quoth Sherm Pendley said:
Nonsense. It's not a question of authority, it's one of accuracy. If I

Please stop responding to trolls. It's getting annoying.

Thanks,

Ben

Sherm Pendley

Ben Morrow said:
Please stop responding to trolls. It's getting annoying.

Actually, I don't think Adam began this as an intentional troll. He's
obviously confused, but I think that's genuine, not trolling. Call it
the triumph of hope over experience, if you will.

But you're right - Adam's argued himself into a corner at this point,
and can't bring himself to admit that he's wrong, no matter how many
times it's explained to him. Further attempts to help him understand
how this group works would probably be pointless and met with more of
the same kind of responses.

Sadly, some people just can't be helped. :-(

sherm--

Jürgen Exner

Adam Worrall

Sherm said:
You don't know much about usenet, do you? First, you claim that it's a
help desk, and now this...

Where do you get this? I _NEVER_ claimed it was a help desk. Not once.
Ever. I only ever said it _functioned_ like a certain type of one. I've
told you this over and over and so I have to now assume you are
purposely being dishonest by saying I said something I never said. Some
would consider this to be a form of lying.
The meta-topic of NNTP client apps has traditionally been considered
on-topic in all usenet groups, since everyone here is using such a
client. The same is true of discussions about netiquette.

Yeah, it sure is easy to confuse a discussion about NNTP clients and one
about some egomaniac's kill file....
With all due respect, I suggest that you put more time into learning
what usenet *is*, before trying to change it into something else.

I know precisely what Usenet [sic] is and how it works and that you are
no authority. I also know exactly who and what you are: a lying sack of
shit who covers for his friends using any means necessary, even if it
means being utterly dishonest and deceptive.

- Adam

Adam Worrall

Sherm said:
Actually, I don't think Adam began this as an intentional troll. He's
obviously confused, but I think that's genuine, not trolling. Call it
the triumph of hope over experience, if you will.

You people really are amazing. You think you can just pretend you are so
high above like this? That you think you know better, just like that?
When all you have been doing is repeated misquoting me and
misrepresenting what I said, over and over again, despite being
corrected, over and over?
But you're right - Adam's argued himself into a corner at this point,

No, I've argued my way into pointlessness, as you just are so intend on
keeping your blinders on and keeping in line with the fantasy you've
created. Well done.
and can't bring himself to admit that he's wrong,

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when I genuinely am wrong, I
wasn't wrong here in reality, only in the way _you_ painted it, which
was royally inaccurate - you kept claiming I said something I _never_
once said, therefore you have absolutely no groups for claiming the win
here.
no matter how many times it's explained to him.

Yet something can be explained to the likes of you 50 times over and you
are perfectly free to ignore it and pretend I said something I didn't,
and continue your points based on your own lie? Marvelous.

- Adam

Adam Worrall

Jürgen Exner said:

What's really sad here is that you people think typing "PLONK" makes you
some how special... as if the rest of the world is suppose to give a
rats ass... as if any genuine person actually buys into this sort of
bull shit.

- Adam

Jürgen Exner

Adam Worrall said:
What's really sad here is that you people think typing "PLONK" makes you
some how special... as if the rest of the world is suppose to give a
rats ass... as if any genuine person actually buys into this sort of
bull shit.

Oh, now you are (e-mail address removed). If you weren't ashamed of
your name you wouldn't have to change our ID.
Ifany other proof was needed, you just delivered it on a silver plater.

jue

Tad J McClellan

Adam Worrall said:
pretense that they are some how aloud to create law in the group.
^^^^^
<snicker>

Now you're actually on to something!

From now on, whoever posts in MP3 audio files will create law in the group.

I'm glad we've finally got that solved.

Tad J McClellan

Adam Worrall said:
It's nothing short of bonified hypocrisy.
^^^^^^^^
<snicker>

Just for the record, none of the hypocrites in this
thread were wearing bonnets.

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
I think you need to stfu forever. I can start the stfu branch too from
this one.

Action Memo

Action Item: STFU
Follow-up Action Item: Pinch my arm for responding to trolls.
Action Originator: Self
Action Assigned To: Self

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <[email protected]>

http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc/

cstith

RedGrittyBrick wrote:

No you would obviously be wrong, as the charter clearly states that this
group is for all things Perl and discussions of "pet allergies" is
clearly off topic. But that is no where near the same as saying "this is
not a help desk" which is a personal view that is not something the
charter (for this or it's predecessor group) had written.

You would obviously be wrong in your hasty reading and response to
that sentence. He/She said something and you agreed, but you called
him/her obviously wrong. Look through the flames, please, to see your
screen clearly.