cmndbot 0.1 beta 1 released

Bart Thate

So once again i bite the bullet because i can no longer wait on going
public with this.

I'm pleased to announce CMNDBOT 0.1 BETA1 to the world as this is the
first released of my port of GOZERBOT to the Google Application
Engine, enabling it on wave, web and xmpp.

I'll paste here the README to explain what it does:

CMNDBOT is a port of gozerbot to google wave platform. GOZERBOT needed
be completely rewritten as programs running on google application
engine
(GAE) run within a CGI model which means that the bot get loaded on
every
request (unless its cached). Core functionality is available right now
but
most plugins need to be ported still. Besides wave the bot also
supports web
and jabber (XMPP) access.

this is the code that is being run by the cmndbot.appspot.com bot and
is
free code (BSD license). you can clone it to run your own cmndbot or
just to read how things are being done. no fear in reading cmndbot
code !

as the name says cmndbot allows you to execute commands that you can
program
easily through the use of plugins.

example:

from gozerlib.commands import cmnds

def handle_hello(bot, event):
event.reply("hello %s" % event.userhost)

cmnds.add('hello', handle_hello, 'USER')

as of now a few gozerbot plugins are being ported to cmndbot, namely:

* eight ball
* ipcalc
* todo
* wikipedia
* infoitem
* gcalc
* RSS

other plugins will follow but the focus is now mainly on the bots
core.

CMNDBOT is accessible at http://cmndbot.appspot.com (WEB) or
(e-mail address removed) (WAVE/XMPP).

A gadget is also in the works at http://cmndbot.appspot.com/cmnd.xml
but it only works with google chrome for now .. my javascript skills
are very *kuch* young ;]

actualy this code is still young as docs are mostely missing and the
bot really needs to be tested, but thats what this release is for,
rememer this is still version 0.1 !

code is at http://cmndbot.googlecode.com/hg

I hope people are interested in developing this bot with me, if you do
you can contact me at (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed)

Bart