CMP question

tim

I'm trying to use a CMP based getter (getFname()). During compile
phase, I am getting the message that it "cannot find symbol". Since I
can use these definitions to do the actual creation and removal of the
data on the database, why would this simple getter not work?
If I comment out the line I am having trouble with, everything
compiles, builds and runs as I think it should.

Cmp definition in entity bean:

@CmpField(column = "fname")
public abstract String getFname();
public abstract void setFname(String val);

Code snippet from client application:

pe = findOrCreatePeople(pId, fName, lName); // this works
String tempName = pe.getFname(); // this does not
work "cannot find symbol"
pe.remove(); //
this works

Thanks,
Tim

tim

The program I was using as a template referenced that getter from
within the entity bean and created a getter which could then be
accessed by a client program.