Cocoon: How do I avoid sitemap.xmap?

Dana B

I am creating an ongoing process that will convert incoming XML files
to different formats using Cocoon. It looks like the name of the XML
file and the output file need to be hard-coded in sitemap.xmap. I'd
like to avoid hard-coding this so I can convert more than 1 file at a
time from different processes. I also don't want to update the
sitemap.xmap file every time a file comes in. Does anyone have any
information on this?

Thank you

Menno Holscher

Dana said:
I am creating an ongoing process that will convert incoming XML files
to different formats using Cocoon. It looks like the name of the XML
file and the output file need to be hard-coded in sitemap.xmap. I'd
like to avoid hard-coding this so I can convert more than 1 file at a
time from different processes. I also don't want to update the
sitemap.xmap file every time a file comes in. Does anyone have any
information on this?

Thank you
Cocoon is a web publishing framework. It handles incoming HTTP requests and
than determines what to do by looking up the request in sitemap.xmap. So
no, you cannot have a Cocoon application without sitemap. However, you do
not have to lookup any "filenames" hardcoded. Look at the way Cocoon
selects which pipeline to execute and the way generators work.