code appears on page

King of Red Lions

Hi, I want to write some code so others can see it on my page. How can
this be done? Many thanks in advance!

brucie

In alt.html King of Red Lions said:
Hi, I want to write some code so others can see it on my page.

change your '<' to: &lt; and your '>' to &gt;

<code title="markup sample">
&lt;h1&gt;a heading&lt;/h1&gt;<br>
&lt;p&gt;a paragraph&lt;/p&gt;
</code>

rf

King of Red Lions
Hi, I want to write some code so others can see it on my page. How can
this be done? Many thanks in advance!

Er,

&lt;p&gt; this is a paragraph &lt;/p&gt;

Jim Higson

King said:
Hi, I want to write some code so others can see it on my page. How can
this be done? Many thanks in advance!

You might want to check out GNU Source-highlight, which can convert your
code to syntax-highlighted (X)HTML.

(Actually, the HTML it generates is pretty bloated, but I'll handwave that
for now)

Jukka K. Korpela

King of Red Lions said:
Hi, I want to write some code so others can see it on my page.

Stop wanting that.
How can this be done?

Since you had to ask, you are surely not qualified to teach others how to
write HTML, so why would you "write some code" etc.? (You surely meant
HTML code. If you had meant e.g. programming language code, you would
have understood you need to specify that, and the language.)
Many thanks in advance!

You're welcome. I can't help you with the real problem, though, since you
didn't describe it.