Code-behind vs SCRIPT tag

Jay

What is the difference between code that I've seen on the net for the
Code-behind the form and the code in the aspx page inside of a script tag
that is designated as runat=server?

Thank You.

Jos

Jay said:
What is the difference between code that I've seen on the net for the
Code-behind the form and the code in the aspx page inside of a script tag
that is designated as runat=server?

The main differences are:
- single file code is easier to grasp for beginners
- Web Matrix generates single file code by default
- Visual Studio generates codebehind by default
- codebehind can be compiled and deployed without distributing the code
(only the aspx file and the compiled dll is needed)