Code Browser for C++ on UNIX.

Discussion in 'C++' started by Vinay, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Vinay

    Vinay Guest

    Hi Everybody,

    I have been using a combination of ctags, cscope & vi editor as a code
    browsing tool for my millions of lines of C/C++ code.

    Each of my development environment, need not necessary have a cscope.
    So i have to rely on ctags & vi.

    The problem i face out here is, if there are multiple C functions with
    the same name, vi locates only the first occurance.

    How can i get to know about other occurance?(other than using grep)
    Does the latest ctags & vi editor solve this problem?

    Also please let me know if there are more better tool for browsing &
    editing?

    Please note I cannot use XWindows in my development environment.

    Thanks & Regards,
    -Vinay.

    Vinay, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Vinay

    red floyd Guest

    Vinay wrote:
    > Hi Everybody,
    >
    > I have been using a combination of ctags, cscope & vi editor as a code
    > browsing tool for my millions of lines of C/C++ code.
    >
    > Each of my development environment, need not necessary have a cscope.
    > So i have to rely on ctags & vi.
    >
    > The problem i face out here is, if there are multiple C functions with
    > the same name, vi locates only the first occurance.
    >
    > How can i get to know about other occurance?(other than using grep)
    > Does the latest ctags & vi editor solve this problem?
    >
    > Also please let me know if there are more better tool for browsing &
    > editing?
    >
    > Please note I cannot use XWindows in my development environment.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > -Vinay.

    I believe you can get cscope off of sourceforge. So get it and put it
    on all your dev environments!

    red floyd, Sep 7, 2004