    Neal Becker Guest

    After just getting bitten by this error, I wonder if any pylint, pychecker
    variant can detect this error?
    Neal Becker, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Neal Becker <> wrote:

    > After just getting bitten by this error, I wonder if any pylint, pychecker
    > variant can detect this error?

    I know pychecker can't (and I doubt pylint can, but I can't download the
    latest version to check as logilab's website is temporarily down for
    maintenance right now). It's a very thorny problem to detect a
    reasonable subset of likely occurrences of this bug by static analysis
    only, i.e., without running the code:-(

    Alex
    Alex Martelli, Sep 2, 2007