code coverage tools

Pierre Gambarotto

I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.

Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

Pierre

Ryan Davis

I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.

Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

If you mean real branch coverage analysis, I dunno, but I don't put
much value in that. You may want to check out ZenTest to get easy
method coverage analysis and stub generation.

Florian Frank

Pierre said:
I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.

Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

(flori@lambda:~ 0)$ gem list -r coverage

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

coverage (0.2, 0.1)
identifies inactive code

It's quite useful to require it from your test runner, and view the test
code coverage in the created html directory.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Simon,

SS> rpa install rcov

No thats only source code line coverage.

But with the NODE model of ruby it would be easy to do so, just add a
flag to each if node and set this.

But ... so many ideas and so less time ...