  1. Is there software that will take C++ source and generate from it a
    flow chart? Thanks!

    DG

    David Goldsmith, Jul 8, 2004

  2. David Goldsmith

    JKop Guest

    David Goldsmith posted:

    > Is there software that will take C++ source and generate from it a
    > flow chart? Thanks!
    >
    > DG

    C++ code that represents a program that generates a flow chart ->
    Preprocessor -> Compiler -> Linker

    -JKop

    JKop, Jul 8, 2004

  3. "JKop" <> wrote in message
    > David Goldsmith posted:
    >
    > > Is there software that will take C++ source and generate from it a
    > > flow chart? Thanks!
    > >
    > > DG
    > >

    > C++ code that represents a program that generates a flow chart ->
    > Preprocessor -> Compiler -> Linker

    You might take a look a jGrasp, which has a CSD view that shows the
    structure of a program. However, it is not strictly a flow chart, and they
    have fallen into disuse. I haven't seen a generator in use since my old
    COBOL days.
    --
    Gary

    Gary Labowitz, Jul 8, 2004
  4. In message <cclej3$>, Ninwa <>
    writes
    >David Goldsmith wrote:
    >> Is there software that will take C++ source and generate from it a
    >> flow chart? Thanks!
    >>

    >Generally a flow chart comes before the code, no?

    I see you've never had to maintain someone else's code.

    --
    Richard Herring

    Richard Herring, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Exactly! (I'm starting a new job, wherein I have to learn someone
    else's very complicated code, and no, they never flow charted it,
    neither before, during, nor after development. My boss says he did
    prepare an outline long ago before developing the FORTRAN code of
    which the C++ I have to learn is a port, but he's long since lost
    track of that outline. I'll take a look at jGrasp. Thanks!)

    DG

    David Goldsmith, Jul 9, 2004