    like to know its code, either name or number. Thanks a lot for your
    help.

    fulio pen
    Fulio Open, Jan 9, 2011

  2. Fulio Open wrote:

    > The period mark for Chinese is a small circle. I copied this symbol
    > ( 。) to my text editor, and it displays well on the web page. But I
    > like to know its code, either name or number.

    IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP U+3002

    A simple way to find out such things, assuming you’re using a reasonably new
    version of Windows: cut and paste the text in WordPad, place the cursor
    right after the character and hít Alt+X. The character gets converted to its
    Unicode number in hex, in this case 3002.

    Then check http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/xxxx/ where xxxx is
    the number, in this case http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/3002/

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 10, 2011

  3. Fulio Open

    Fulio Open Guest

    On Jan 9, 11:50 pm, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > Fulio Open wrote:
    > > The period mark for Chinese is a small circle. I copied this symbol
    > > ( 。) to my text editor, and it displays well on the web page. But  I
    > > like to know its code, either name or number.

    > IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP U+3002
    >
    > A simple way to find out such things, assuming you’re using a reasonably new
    > version of Windows: cut and paste the text in WordPad, place the cursor
    > right after the character and hít Alt+X. The character gets converted to its
    > Unicode number in hex, in this case 3002.
    >
    > Then checkhttp://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/xxxx/where xxxx is
    > the number, in this casehttp://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/3002/
    >
    > --
    > Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/