    and people then open this report from a link. However I've been asked
    whether it could be opened in excel.

    Cheers.

    Miguel Orrego, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Miguel Orrego

    Ray at Guest

    I assume you mean on the client. You can use this code to prompt the
    open/save dialog and instruct the user to choose to open the file.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2161

    Whether or not Excel opens in IE or Excel is a client setting (browse in
    same window for .xls file extension)

    Ray at work

    "Miguel Orrego" <-nospam> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know some code that opens a spreadsheet in excel rather than
    > the browser? If possible something that can be used with

    response.redirect,
    > however this isn't essential. I have a script that creates an excel

    report,

    Ray at, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Miguel Orrego

    Tom B Guest

    If your users are using IE and trust your site, you can use vbscript to
    instantiate excel and open it(client-side)

    Tom B, Sep 16, 2003