code generation/automate DDL,DML,JSP,HTML

Discussion in 'Java' started by timasmith@hotmail.com, Dec 15, 2005.

    Are there any open source or frameworks (Struts?) that generate code
    and/or automate the process of form submission to storing in the
    database.

    Ideally I am talking about designing a schema and then generating all
    the code to create the table, the jsp, the html controls, the form
    properties, the DML/SQL etc.

    So basic functionality is
    a) go to page
    b) enter form data
    c) submit
    d) stored in database
    e) viewable by unique id

    Or is writing my own code generator for that what I should do?

    thanks

    Tim

    , Dec 15, 2005