Code Promotion

Guest

Does anyone out there have any Best Practice for managing
promotion of large ASP.NET projects which make use of a
number of web services, all of which have been developed
on a stand alone machine, and now need promoting through a
dev, test and production server environment? Specifically
how do I manage the references to the web services as they
are moved from one machine to another?

Please describe your process and any tools that you may use to move the code
between your different environments.

OHM \( One Handed Man \)

If I understand you correctly ?

OK, so do your web services reside on the local machine ? if so they would
be http://localhost/webservice.asmx etc etc. If those webservices also exist
on the new target machine, then your references dont change, but you do have
to install the web services again.