    Regards,
    Subhabrata

    , Feb 1, 2013

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    > A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    > I am looking for a good repository of codes.

    Lots of code samples and good explanations in the Java sections of the IBM Developerworks site.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 1, 2013

  3. On 02/01/2013 03:29 AM, Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    >> A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    >> I am looking for a good repository of codes.

    > Lots of code samples and good explanations in the Java sections of the IBM Developerworks site.

    Or anytime you obtain a Java application, if it has got source available
    as well, download that too. If you are developing against JARs and you
    have the source for them, link to that in your IDE, and every so often
    investigate the source. This includes the JDK itself.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Feb 1, 2013
  4. Joerg Meier Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:07:02 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    > I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    > A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    > I am looking for a good repository of codes.

    > If any one can kindly suggest. Thanks in Advance.

    https://github.com/languages/Java

    Go nuts.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.

    Joerg Meier, Feb 1, 2013
  5. markspace Guest

    On 1/31/2013 11:07 PM, wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    > A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    > I am looking for a good repository of codes.

    If you're looking for code examples for learning, the Java Tutorial is a
    great resource.

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/>

    markspace, Feb 1, 2013
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:07:02 -0800 (PST),

    >I am looking for a good repository of codes.

    The java glossary is full of small examples.
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html

    You can download source for all kinds of small projects at
    http://mindprod.com/products.html

    The are lots of "forges" where teams of people collaborate on
    opensource projects.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/forge.html
    it has links to a number of forges.
    time.
    ~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

    Roedy Green, Feb 1, 2013
  7. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 2/1/2013 2:07 AM, wrote:
    > I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    > A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    > I am looking for a good repository of codes.
    >
    > If any one can kindly suggest.

    You can look at some open source code.

    Java can be used in very different contexts so find
    some open source packages close to what you are interested in.

    Obviously you need to find some relative good code - you want
    to learn best practices not worst practices.

    If we know what type of app you are interested in, then we
    may be able to recommend something.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 1, 2013
  8. Le vendredi 1 février 2013 08:07:02 UTC+1, a écrit :
    > Dear Group,
    >

    > I am trying to learn Java, and thankful to the way you are kindly suggesting me.
    >
    > A great part of learning code is to read others code, how others are writing it.
    >
    > I am looking for a good repository of codes.
    >

    > If any one can kindly suggest. Thanks in Advance.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Subhabrata

    You can take a look at maven repository, github, codeplex.

    Manuel Dahmen, Feb 4, 2013