Code Snippet Respository

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by StreamLogic, May 12, 2008.

  1. StreamLogic

    StreamLogic Guest

    All,

    I have posted this question in various groups, so I apologize for any
    overlap.

    I'd like to hear how other developers/architects keep track of old
    scripts, code snippets, relevant URLs, etc. I think most developers
    have an area where they keep reusable code they would like to use
    again. Year after year, we all develop things that can be reused in
    various projects.

    Do you simply have a file system folder where you dump all of this
    information and then search on it? Do you have a custom database
    solution for this?

    I'd like to hear how others are keeping track of many years worth of
    code snippets and scripts that they would like to reuse at some point.

    Thanks,
    Curtis

    StreamLogic, May 12, 2008

  2. StreamLogic

    Madhur Guest

    I'd like to keep the whole solution with myself if possible :)

    Otherwise, fairly long snippets, I try to post it on my blog.

    Small snippets can be stored in VS 2005 code snippet gallery.

    --
    Madhur

    Madhur, May 12, 2008