Code to run Java source editor

Pete Calvert

Hi,

I am trying to create a plugin for Eclipse that will call an external
program that displays the difference between two different versions of a
program and then be able to select one of the differences and actually
open the file in a text window.

I have created a class that extends the TextEditor class and uses the
JavaSourceViewerConfiguration class to have the correct syntax
highlighting etc. If I create an action to run it when you create a new
Java file then it works fine. How do I actually take a file and create
a new window in the workbench which loads this file?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Rhino

Pete Calvert said:
Hi,

I am trying to create a plugin for Eclipse that will call an external
program that displays the difference between two different versions of a
program and then be able to select one of the differences and actually
open the file in a text window.

I have created a class that extends the TextEditor class and uses the
JavaSourceViewerConfiguration class to have the correct syntax
highlighting etc. If I create an action to run it when you create a new
Java file then it works fine. How do I actually take a file and create
a new window in the workbench which loads this file?

Thanks for any help.
Are you aware that there is a large group of private newsgroups on the
Eclipse news server, some of which are dedicated to exactly the questions
you are asking about plugin development? (There is also an archive of all
past posts at the Eclipse web site.) Wouldn't those be better places to ask
this sort of question than a general Java forum where only a smallish
percentage use Eclipse and where only a tiny handful are developing Eclipse
plugins?

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't post here but I expect you'll get a
better, faster answer at the Eclipse newsgroups/archive than you will
here.....

Rhino