    as I learn to follow my progress.

    Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

    Thanks again
    ddg_linux, Aug 23, 2008

  2. ddg_linux

    ddg_linux Guest

    Hello again,
    Sorry I forgot to post the address: http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php

    Thanks again,

    ddg_linux, Aug 23, 2008

  3. ddg_linux

    Mark A. Boyd Guest

    ddg_linux posted in alt.html:

    > Hello again,
    > Sorry I forgot to post the address:
    > http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php
    >
    > On Aug 23, 1:04 am, ddg_linux <> wrote:
    >> Hello guys,
    >> I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
    >> is following best practices.
    >>
    >> I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
    >> website
    >> as I learn to follow my progress.
    >>
    >> Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.
    >>
    >> Thanks again

    It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
    At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)
    Mark A. Boyd, Aug 23, 2008
  4. ddg_linux

    Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:04:52 -0700 (PDT), ddg_linux
    <> wrote:

    >Hello guys,
    >I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
    >is following best practices.
    >
    >I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
    >website
    >as I learn to follow my progress.
    >
    >Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.
    >
    >Thanks again

    I ran your site through the W3C and there are 37 errors.

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.000webhost.com/admin-review

    Cheers,
    SQL
    , Aug 23, 2008
  5. On 2008-08-23, Mark A. Boyd wrote:
    > ddg_linux posted in alt.html:
    >
    >> Hello again,
    >> Sorry I forgot to post the address:
    >> http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php
    >>
    >> On Aug 23, 1:04 am, ddg_linux <> wrote:
    >>> Hello guys,
    >>> I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
    >>> is following best practices.
    >>>
    >>> I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
    >>> website
    >>> as I learn to follow my progress.
    >>>
    >>> Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

    > It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
    > At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

    If changing hosts is not an option, leave out the </body> and

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Aug 23, 2008
  6. ddg_linux

    ddg_linux Guest

    On Aug 23, 5:44 am, SQL () wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:04:52 -0700 (PDT), ddg_linux
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Hello guys,
    > >I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
    > >is following best practices.

    > >I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
    > >website
    > >as I learn to follow my progress.

    > >Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

    > >Thanks again

    > I ran your site through the W3C and there are 37 errors.
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.000webho....
    >
    > Cheers,
    > SQL

    Hello there, thank you for your response. I do realize that there are
    a number of errors coming from
    the validator. I think it is do to the fact that the host is adding
    things to the bottom of the page,

    I am thinking of changing hosts. Do you have a few suggestions on
    what hosts would be good
    for this type of project.

    Thanks again for your response.

    Cheers
    ddg_linux, Aug 24, 2008
  7. ddg_linux

    ddg_linux Guest

    On Aug 23, 2:18 pm, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:
    > On 2008-08-23, Mark A. Boyd wrote:
    >

    > > ddg_linux posted in alt.html:

    > >> Hello again,
    > >> Sorry I forgot to post the address:
    > >>http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php

    > > It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
    > > At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

    >      If changing hosts is not an option, leave out the </body> and
    >
    > --
    >    Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
    >    ===================================================================
    >    Author:
    >    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)- Hide quoted text -

    Hello there, thanks again for your post regarding the </body></html>
    tags. I did update that page
    to reflect those changes and was able to get the errors down to 3.
    They are errors that have nothing
    to do with the code that I wrote.

    Do you have any good suggestions for hosts that will not add hidden
    things to your page? How
    are the hosts able to do this?

    Thanks again

    ddg_linux, Aug 24, 2008