CodeAcces Security + Inheriting WebControl

Rudi van den Belt

Hai,

When I run fxcop on my custom control I get the following error:

The virtual method 'RenderContents' in type 'WebControl'
and its override 'RenderContents' do not have the same
LinkDemand status. Add a LinkDemand where it is missing
or review.

If a virtual method has a LinkDemand, in many cases,
so should any override of it, and if an override has
a LinkDemand, so should the overridden virtual method.

But permview /DECL does not give any persmissions on this method.

Setting [AspNetHostingPermission(SecurityAction.LinkDemand)] on both the
class and method does not provide a solution.

Setting FullTrust (like in MSDN) seems a bit odd to me (whats Code Access
Security goal if you just need FullTrust).

Hope somebody nows the internals.

Greetings,