CodeAcces Security + Inheriting WebControl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rudi van den Belt, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Hai,

    When I run fxcop on my custom control I get the following error:

    The virtual method 'RenderContents' in type 'WebControl'
    and its override 'RenderContents' do not have the same
    LinkDemand status. Add a LinkDemand where it is missing
    or review.

    If a virtual method has a LinkDemand, in many cases,
    so should any override of it, and if an override has
    a LinkDemand, so should the overridden virtual method.

    But permview /DECL does not give any persmissions on this method.

    Setting [AspNetHostingPermission(SecurityAction.LinkDemand)] on both the
    class and method does not provide a solution.

    Setting FullTrust (like in MSDN) seems a bit odd to me (whats Code Access
    Security goal if you just need FullTrust).

    Hope somebody nows the internals.

    Greetings,

    Rudi van den Belt, Oct 25, 2004