CodeBehind File not getting executed

GaryDean

I have a 1.1 asp.net project that has been converted by the conversion
wizard. By and large the app runs allright except for one page...

On one of the .aspx pages, the code behind file is not getting executed. It
looks identical to several of the other pages that are executing fine.

CodeFile="PageOne.aspx.vb" is specified in this page the same way it is
specified in the other pages that are working.

When running the page gets rendered but no code has been executed (at least
not the Page_Load event, or InitializeComponent)

GaryDean

of course, AutoEventWireup is set to FALSE as it is in all the pages.

My point was the code in this aspx page is identical to the other pages that
work including the codefile statement.

Karl Seguin

I understand your point, but I figured you wanted help. It is possible
you've simply overlooked something - happens to me all the time.

Perhaps you can try to put your code inline <script runat="server"
language="VB">...</script> and see if it that works.

Karl

GaryDean

No, I have over a hundred complex codebehind files in this huge app. I
don't want to start putting them inline in the aspx pages just to make 2.0
work.

I have never had a problem like this in 1.1 - a codebehind file just failing
to execute. Probably due to the "improvements"

:)

Karl Seguin

I was suggesting you TRY it on that particular page so that we might better
narrow in on the specific issue.

Karl