CodeDom Provider not found error running j#.net (.net 2.0) application on 64 bit windows server 2008

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Greg, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I have been trying to get an existing .j#.net 2.0 website installed and
    working on a windows server 2008 installation. I have been unable to get
    around the error that says:

    The CodeDom provider type "Microsoft.VJSharp.VJSharpCodeProvider,
    VJSharpCodeProvider, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" could not be located.

    I have installed the j#.net redistributable runtime that I found on the
    microsoft website, but that has not fixed the problem. Does anyone know how
    to get around this on a windows server 2008 machine? Any help you can give
    me would be mich appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    Greg, Dec 9, 2008