    actual code. Has anyone ever seen this behavior. Any work arounds?

    -Eric
    , Jul 27, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I went from <%@ Language=VBScript %> to <%@ Language=VBScript
    > CodePage=65001 %> at the top of all my .asp files and now when I debug
    > my app in Visual Interdev or in VS.NET 2005 the breakpoints don't look
    > right.

    of the previous questions before posting yours - always a recommended
    practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little
    resemblance to classic ASP so,
    while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
    can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    > I set a break point on line 10 it will show up on line 9 in the IDE.
    > When I actually step through the app it's hard to figure out what's
    > going on. The program will step into commented blocks and skip over
    > actual code. Has anyone ever seen this behavior. Any work arounds?

    I've never encountered this. i suggest going to one of the vsnet groups,
    probably .vsnet.debugging.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 27, 2006

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I went from <%@ Language=VBScript %> to <%@ Language=VBScript
    > > CodePage=65001 %> at the top of all my .asp files and now when I debug
    > > my app in Visual Interdev or in VS.NET 2005 the breakpoints don't look
    > > right.
    > >

    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    > of the previous questions before posting yours - always a recommended
    > practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little
    > resemblance to classic ASP so,
    > while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
    > can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    > question to a group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I
    > suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    As I wrote earlier, I see the same behavior in whether I debug in
    Visual Interdev or VS.NET 2005. This is in a classic asp application,
    not a .NET application.
    , Jul 27, 2006
  4. <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I went from <%@ Language=VBScript %> to <%@ Language=VBScript
    > CodePage=65001 %> at the top of all my .asp files and now when I debug
    > my app in Visual Interdev or in VS.NET 2005 the breakpoints don't look
    > right.
    >
    > I set a break point on line 10 it will show up on line 9 in the IDE.
    > When I actually step through the app it's hard to figure out what's
    > going on. The program will step into commented blocks and skip over
    > actual code. Has anyone ever seen this behavior. Any work arounds?
    >
    > -Eric

    Did you save the asp script as utf-8?
    The bug might be related to this.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 27, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I went from <%@ Language=VBScript %> to <%@ Language=VBScript
    >>> CodePage=65001 %> at the top of all my .asp files and now when I
    >>> debug
    >>> my app in Visual Interdev or in VS.NET 2005 the breakpoints don't
    >>> look right.
    >>>

    >> There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing
    >> through some of the previous questions before posting yours - always
    >> a recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    >> ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so,
    >> while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person
    >> here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor
    >> by posting your question to a group where those dotnet-knowledgeable
    >> people hang out. I suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    > As I wrote earlier, I see the same behavior in whether I debug in
    > Visual Interdev or VS.NET 2005. This is in a classic asp application,
    > not a .NET application.

    My mistake, but this is still a VS/VI issue, not an ASP issue.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 27, 2006