    but the result Igdir the codepage is certainly right. but i think something
    goes wrong..

    please help me....

    Savas Ates, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Savas Ates

    joker Guest

    I just ran that code on my IIS 5.1 server & I got the following result
    "Iðdýr" (without the quotes of course). So it's not the code.

    Please post the following.

    OS & SP of the server.

    OS & SP of the client.

    What browser & version are you using on the client?

    What is the result if you view the source?

    joker, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    can u send your code
    did u add something to that code..

    i solve the problem by adding that meta tag

    but is it necessary .. i think it musnt be... my os is winxp proffessional
    and all service pack was installed and explorer is the default of win Xp
    Prof...

    Savas Ates, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Savas Ates

    joker Guest

    <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1254" %>
    <%
    dim citytr="Iðdýr"
    response.write citytr
    response.end
    %>

    The only change I made is actually declaring the variable as a variable
    because it is something I always do. Mainly because I always enabled
    option explicit.

    Are you running SP1 or SP2 on your IE?

    It might be that SP2 for either IIS or IE fixes this.

    Also once again check the source by selecting view source.

    joker, Aug 25, 2004