codepage problem

Savas Ates

i looked at msdn page an found the Turkish Codepade=1254

my code is
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1254" %>
<%
citytr="Iðdýr"
response.write citytr
response.end
%>

The result im waiting Iðdýr

but the result Igdir the codepage is certainly right. but i think something
goes wrong..

please help me....

joker

I just ran that code on my IIS 5.1 server & I got the following result
"Iðdýr" (without the quotes of course). So it's not the code.

Please post the following.

OS & SP of the server.

OS & SP of the client.

What browser & version are you using on the client?

What is the result if you view the source?

Savas Ates

can u send your code
did u add something to that code..

i solve the problem by adding that meta tag

but is it necessary .. i think it musnt be... my os is winxp proffessional
and all service pack was installed and explorer is the default of win Xp
Prof...

joker

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1254" %>
<%
dim citytr="Iðdýr"
response.write citytr
response.end
%>

The only change I made is actually declaring the variable as a variable
because it is something I always do. Mainly because I always enabled
option explicit.

Are you running SP1 or SP2 on your IE?

It might be that SP2 for either IIS or IE fixes this.

Also once again check the source by selecting view source.