Codepage problem

ssijakovic

Hi,
I don't know where to ask this question, and I hope this is the right
group for this.

I've made one ASP+Access site. On that site I have few parts where
it's grabbing data from the database, and shows only those that match
particular query. When it's open, url looks something
like: ...data.asp?city=Dubrovnik

Now, here is a problem. I wasn't thinking, and during adding datas in
database, I was using special croatian characters (like èæ¾¹...). When
user choose a page that contains croatian charactes, url looks
something like: ...data.asp?city=I%E8i%E6i. Codepage is windows-1250

It works fine when people are following links from my site, but when
I've made a sitemap, google shows "unreachable url's" on every page
that contains croatian charactes. For example, I've made letter "è" on
my sitemap as "%E8", but google change "%E8" to "%C4%8D", and then I'm
getting a message: "ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'. Either BOF or EOF is
True, or the current record has been deleted", because there is no
such record in database.

Is there any way to solve it, except rearanging entire site? I've
tried other ways of coding, but non of them are working.

Anthony Jones

[...]

<<<<

Change your DB to contain City table with Int (Long) Primary Key as an ID
for the city. Then use numeric IDs in your URLs instead.

Yes I know that's not what you want to hear however in the long run your DB
will be better off for it anyway.