Coding fun

feelsuccess

I new to html. As my first assignement i going to write some fun code.

Create a google search box. when users types in a word, returns all the
ads that google displays, therefore no search result.

I having so much trouble doing that :(

Can someone help me

David Dorward

I new to html. As my first assignement i going to write some fun code.

Create a google search box. when users types in a word, returns all the
ads that google displays, therefore no search result.

HTML is a data format, for that sort of thing you want to do you need to
send a HTTP request to Google, get the document back, parse it and extract
the bits you want, then use that data to create a new document.

HTML alone can't do it.

David Dorward

Owning said:
So what language do i need to do such a thing easily?

Pretty much anything that runs outside a browser. Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP,
VBScript, etc.

If you want the results in a webbrowser then you'll need to run it in a
fashion that a webserver can read and pass on to the browser (so CGI,
mod_perl, mod_php, ASP, etc).

Andy Dingley

I new to html. As my first assignement i going to write some fun code.

This is too much for a first assignment. It's about your 3rd (minimum)

For your 1st assignment, learn some static HTML.
Create a google search box. when users types in a word, returns all the
ads that google displays, therefore no search result.

You can do this for your 2nd assignment by writing a HTML <form> that
submits a query to Google, then Google returns its normal page. This
would be a good assignment

For the 3rd (which is quite adventurous) you can search Google itself
for some details on AJAX and Google's own toolkits for doing this.
It's _very_ complex stuff, but they do describe it well and you can
probably find suitable examples.

You don't need to write server-side code for this example, you can do
it with the very latest of client-side Web 2.0 coding techniques.
You'll learn a lot, but it does have disadvantages (won't work on
machines with JavaScript turned off).

Owning

There already codes that submit query to google and return result is
ads with search result. I want to removed the search results and
collects ads into. The collected ads then display varies display
formats :)