    I having so much trouble doing that :(

    Can someone help me
    , Jul 14, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I new to html. As my first assignement i going to write some fun code.
    >
    > Create a google search box. when users types in a word, returns all the
    > ads that google displays, therefore no search result.

    HTML is a data format, for that sort of thing you want to do you need to
    send a HTTP request to Google, get the document back, parse it and extract
    the bits you want, then use that data to create a new document.

    HTML alone can't do it.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 14, 2006

  3. Owning Guest

    So what language do i need to do such a thing easily?
    Owning, Jul 14, 2006
  4. Owning wrote:

    > So what language do i need to do such a thing easily?

    Pretty much anything that runs outside a browser. Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP,
    VBScript, etc.

    If you want the results in a webbrowser then you'll need to run it in a
    fashion that a webserver can read and pass on to the browser (so CGI,
    mod_perl, mod_php, ASP, etc).

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 14, 2006
  5. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > I new to html. As my first assignement i going to write some fun code.

    This is too much for a first assignment. It's about your 3rd (minimum)

    For your 1st assignment, learn some static HTML.

    > Create a google search box. when users types in a word, returns all the
    > ads that google displays, therefore no search result.

    You can do this for your 2nd assignment by writing a HTML <form> that
    submits a query to Google, then Google returns its normal page. This
    would be a good assignment

    For the 3rd (which is quite adventurous) you can search Google itself
    for some details on AJAX and Google's own toolkits for doing this.
    It's _very_ complex stuff, but they do describe it well and you can
    probably find suitable examples.

    You don't need to write server-side code for this example, you can do
    it with the very latest of client-side Web 2.0 coding techniques.
    You'll learn a lot, but it does have disadvantages (won't work on
    machines with JavaScript turned off).
    Andy Dingley, Jul 14, 2006
  6. Owning Guest

    There already codes that submit query to google and return result is
    ads with search result. I want to removed the search results and
    collects ads into. The collected ads then display varies display
    formats :)
    Owning, Jul 14, 2006