Coding Standard for C#, ASP.net

Ramesh

hi All,
Is there is any site which is explaining the coding
standard for C# & ASP.net in Microsoft site.

I am especially looking for

1.variable declaration &
2. naming convention for ASP.net controls (like Textbox,
ComboBox and etc.,)

I have seen following link in the microsoft site (or) any
other site. But it is not explaining about the above
details.

url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconnamingguidelines

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh Babu J

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Ramesh,

I apologize for it if there is any misunderstanding.

As I understand, what you want is the "Naming Guidelines" for the variables
and ASP.NET controls. There is not a specific guideline for the C#/ASP.NET.
Based on my research and experience, the following book is useful to you.

Programming with C#.NET
http://www.booksmatter.com/b0766850080.htm
"...
Variable Naming Conventions 19 (1)
..."

I am trying to find a online document for this issue in the internet. I
will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Ramesh babu

hi,
Your understanding is correct. I am looking for Variable
Naming Conventions for C# only. But i can't see this
information in the microsoft site. I am expecting
following information.
1. Naming convension for variable declaration.
2. Naming convension for database connection string
variable (ex: for recordset in vb6 i will use Rs,
Similarly I am looking in C# also)
3. For all ASP control naming convension. In VB6, I
will use TxtName for Textbox and etc.,
Thanks,
J.Ramesh Babu

Kevin Spencer

Here are a couple of links on the Microsoft site that may be helpful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconnamingguidelines.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ef/html/cpconnetframeworkdesignguidelines.asp

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

hi,
Your understanding is correct. I am looking for Variable
Naming Conventions for C# only. But i can't see this
information in the microsoft site. I am expecting
following information.
1. Naming convension for variable declaration.
2. Naming convension for database connection string
variable (ex: for recordset in vb6 i will use Rs,
Similarly I am looking in C# also)
3. For all ASP control naming convension. In VB6, I
will use TxtName for Textbox and etc.,
Thanks,
J.Ramesh Babu

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Ramesh,

Firstly I want to thank Kevin's great help in this thread.

I have done more research regarding this issue. Unfortunately, I failed to
find such an online document specific to your requirement. I only found
another book for this issue.

Beginning Visual C#
http://www.wrox.com/books/toc/0764543822_toc.shtml
"...