coding standard: typedef of a full template instantiation

Hicham Mouline

namespace com { namespace product {

template < typename T1, typename T2 > class S;

namespace subns {

typedef S<int, int> S;

Note here the type subns::S overrides the S template from the enclosing
namespace.

This compiles ok with VS and g++.

Is this use frowned upon? against coding styles out there?

regards,

Noah Roberts

Hicham said:
namespace com { namespace product {

template < typename T1, typename T2 > class S;

namespace subns {

typedef S<int, int> S;

Note here the type subns::S overrides the S template from the enclosing
namespace.

This compiles ok with VS and g++.

Is this use frowned upon? against coding styles out there?

regards,

Since I could get confused about what S is, yeah...I'd bitch about it in
a code review.