coding standards

Jim Culver

Has anyone got any recomendations for coding standards enforcement software
for vb.net. Ideally what I'd like is a piece of software which could take a
coding standards definition file (i.e. naming conventions) and transform an
exisiting vb.net solution to meet those standards.

Cheers......Jim

William Ryan

I"m pretty sure that Les at www.hhisoftware.com has one that he's
integrating with .Net Commander. You might want to drop him a line on his
sight...or try him at lsmith<leavethisout)@infoprogroup.com .

Yuri Vanzine

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/

is pretty good, except a naming un-convention of yours may be considered a
99% error :?).

I use this in my AsseblyInfo along with FxCop:

//building CLS Compliant code so that VB.NET and COBOL.NET could take
advantage of the C# code
[assembly: System.CLSCompliant(true)]

This ensures I can call my dlls from other languages.

wcoonrod

Compuware also makes a tool DevPartner Studio. It is much more than a coding standards tool.
:: Source code review - configurable
:: Error detection and diagnosis
:: Memory analysis
:: Code coverage analysis
:: Performance analysis
:: Distributed application analysis

http://www.compuware.com/products/devpartner/default.htm

-Wade

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/

is pretty good, except a naming un-convention of yours may be considered a
99% error :?).

I use this in my AsseblyInfo along with FxCop:

//building CLS Compliant code so that VB.NET and COBOL.NET could take
advantage of the C# code
[assembly: System.CLSCompliant(true)]

This ensures I can call my dlls from other languages.

Ray Cassick (home) said:
This sounds like something you might be interested in:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/

I have not used it myself but...

take