    coding standards definition file (i.e. naming conventions) and transform an
    exisiting vb.net solution to meet those standards.

    Cheers......Jim
    Jim Culver, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Jim Culver

    William Ryan Guest

    I"m pretty sure that Les at www.hhisoftware.com has one that he's
    integrating with .Net Commander. You might want to drop him a line on his
    sight...or try him at lsmith<leavethisout)@infoprogroup.com .
    "Jim Culver" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got any recomendations for coding standards enforcement

    software

    William Ryan, Sep 9, 2003

  3. This sounds like something you might be interested in:

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/

    I have not used it myself but...

    Ray Cassick \(home\), Sep 10, 2003
  4. Jim Culver

    Yuri Vanzine Guest

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/

    is pretty good, except a naming un-convention of yours may be considered a
    99% error :?).

    I use this in my AsseblyInfo along with FxCop:

    //building CLS Compliant code so that VB.NET and COBOL.NET could take
    advantage of the C# code
    [assembly: System.CLSCompliant(true)]

    This ensures I can call my dlls from other languages.

    Yuri Vanzine, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Jim Culver

    Guest

    Compuware also makes a tool DevPartner Studio. It is much more than a coding standards tool.
    :: Source code review - configurable
    :: Error detection and diagnosis
    :: Memory analysis
    :: Code coverage analysis
    :: Performance analysis
    :: Distributed application analysis

    http://www.compuware.com/products/devpartner/default.htm

    -Wade

    > http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/
    >
    > is pretty good, except a naming un-convention of yours may be considered a
    > 99% error :?).
    >
    > I use this in my AsseblyInfo along with FxCop:
    >
    > //building CLS Compliant code so that VB.NET and COBOL.NET could take
    > advantage of the C# code
    > [assembly: System.CLSCompliant(true)]
    >
    > This ensures I can call my dlls from other languages.
    >

    > "Ray Cassick (home)" <> wrote in message
    > > This sounds like something you might be interested in:
    > >
    > > http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/fxcop/
    > >
    > > I have not used it myself but...
    > >
    > > "Jim Culver" <> wrote in message
    > > > Has anyone got any recomendations for coding standards enforcement

    > > software
    > > > for vb.net. Ideally what I'd like is a piece of software which could

    > take
    > > > coding standards definition file (i.e. naming conventions) and transform

    > > an
    > > > exisiting vb.net solution to meet those standards.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers......Jim

    , Sep 18, 2003