    born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.

    Regards
    AK

    AK, Nov 6, 2005

  2. AK

    osmium Guest

    "AK" writes:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).
    >
    > After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
    > coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
    > born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.
    >
    > Regards
    > AK

    Amazing! And to add to the mystery, I was born in the same century as the
    newsgroup.

    osmium, Nov 6, 2005

  3. AK said:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).
    >
    > After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
    > coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
    > born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.

    In fact, this group seems to go back to at least 1982, under its old name
    net.lang.c - the 1986 thing was merely a renaming.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 6, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    AK <> wrote:
    >Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    >"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    Oh, then it was you that slammed me into your google group without
    even a "By your leave?" ?

    never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
    commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
    -- Brad Templeton

    Walter Roberson, Nov 6, 2005
  5. AK

    Simon Biber Guest

    AK wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?

    I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
    down your group.

    Good riddance.

    --
    Simon.

    Simon Biber, Nov 6, 2005
  6. AK

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] Coincidence !

    > In article <>,
    > AK <> wrote:
    >>Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    >>"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    > Oh, then it was you that slammed me into your google group without
    > even a "By your leave?" ?

    FWIW:
    This happened to me as well, twice. The notification
    messages I received attributed it to someone with a
    handle of 'Ook'. The second time, I sent him an email
    asking him to stop. He apologized, and did.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Nov 6, 2005
  7. AK

    Richard Bos Guest

    "AK" <> wrote:

    > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    Right.

    I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.

    Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
    department. This is spam, pure and simple.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Nov 7, 2005
  8. AK

    AK Guest

    Richard Bos wrote:
    > "AK" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    > Right.
    >
    > I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
    >
    > Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
    > department. This is spam, pure and simple.
    >
    > Richard

    Richard,

    Are you sure you were added to my group??? I reason I ask is because I
    can't find you there.

    AK

    AK, Nov 7, 2005
  9. AK

    Richard Bos Guest

    "AK" <> wrote:

    > Richard Bos wrote:
    > > "AK" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > > > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    > > Right.
    > >
    > > I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
    > >
    > > Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
    > > department. This is spam, pure and simple.

    > Richard,
    >
    > Are you sure you were added to my group???

    Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Nov 7, 2005
  10. AK

    Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-11-07, Richard Bos <> wrote:
    > "AK" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Bos wrote:

    >> > Right.
    >> >
    >> > I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
    >> >
    >> > Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
    >> > department. This is spam, pure and simple.

    >> Richard,
    >>
    >> Are you sure you were added to my group???

    > Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.
    >
    > Richard

    If he can't find you he can't remove you, so maybe you should tell him
    what email address he added you under

    Jordan Abel, Nov 7, 2005
  11. AK

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On 5 Nov 2005 19:43:37 -0800, "AK" <> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    >"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/pleasepleasevisitmywebpage ).
    >
    >After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
    >coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
    >born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.
    >
    >Regards
    >AK

    I don't know the statistics, but I suspect there were a lot of people
    born in both August and November of 1986.

    Low traffic on your website?
    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Nov 7, 2005
  12. AK

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:32:22 +0000 (UTC), Jordan Abel
    <> wrote:

    >On 2005-11-07, Richard Bos <> wrote:

    >>> Richard,
    >>>
    >>> Are you sure you were added to my group???

    >> Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.
    >>
    >> Richard

    >If he can't find you he can't remove you, so maybe you should tell him
    >what email address he added you under

    Better - he should remove all members and start over.
    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Nov 7, 2005
  13. In article <4all.nl>,
    Richard Bos <> wrote:
    >"AK" <> wrote:

    >> Richard,
    >>
    >> Are you sure you were added to my group???

    >Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.
    >
    >Richard

    Well, then, I guess you're good to go then!

    Kenny McCormack, Nov 7, 2005
  14. AK

    Old Wolf Guest

    Alan Balmer wrote:
    > Jordan Abel <> wrote:
    >> Richard Bos <> wrote:

    >>> Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.
    >>>

    >>If he can't find you he can't remove you, so maybe you should tell him
    >>what email address he added you under

    > Better - he should remove all members and start over.

    And the chances of that happening are....

    I worked for a telephone spam guy once, and it was surprising how
    many people would ring up and say "Take me off your list", and
    then refuse to give their phone number. (This was before Caller ID
    came to town).

    Old Wolf, Nov 8, 2005
  15. On 7 Nov 2005 16:28:41 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Old Wolf"
    <> wrote:

    >I worked for a telephone spam guy once,

    I fear your street cred may just have dropped slightly below the lower
    level of the lithosphere.
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 8, 2005
  16. AK

    Richard Bos Guest

    "Old Wolf" <> wrote:

    > Alan Balmer wrote:
    > > Jordan Abel <> wrote:

    > >>If he can't find you he can't remove you, so maybe you should tell him
    > >>what email address he added you under

    > > Better - he should remove all members and start over.

    > And the chances of that happening are....
    >
    > I worked for a telephone spam guy once,

    I hope you shot him in the end?

    > and it was surprising how many people would ring up and say "Take me
    > off your list", and then refuse to give their phone number. (This was
    > before Caller ID came to town).

    Yeah. Except that in this case, the Caller ID is the obvious one.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Nov 9, 2005
  17. On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:29:09 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Richard Bos) wrote:

    >"Old Wolf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I worked for a telephone spam guy once,

    >I hope you shot him in the end?

    Maybe he meant "over" rather than "for"
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 9, 2005
  18. AK

    AK Guest

    Simon Biber wrote:
    > AK wrote:
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    > > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    > So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?
    >
    > I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
    > down your group.
    >
    > Good riddance.

    Look to me now that your wish has been granted by google.

    Regards
    AK

    AK, Nov 15, 2005
  19. AK wrote:
    > Simon Biber wrote:
    >> AK wrote:
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
    >>> "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

    >> So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?
    >>
    >> I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
    >> down your group.
    >>
    >> Good riddance.

    > Look to me now that your wish has been granted by google.
    >
    > Regards
    > AK

    That's a good news, good to see google at least care about
    'abuse report'.

    Krishanu

    Krishanu Debnath, Nov 15, 2005
  20. AK