    Anybody have any clue as to what might be cause a problem like this?

    Thanks
    SAL

    SAL, Jul 1, 2008

  2. re:
    !> One of our new developers has been installing ColdFusion 8 on the servers
    !> and after the install, a couple of my apps have been unreachable.
    !> Anybody have any clue as to what might be cause a problem like this?

    Have you reported this issue to ColdFusion support ?
    What do they say about it ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 1, 2008

  3. SAL

    SAL Guest

    Juan thanks for your response.

    I have asked the developer to request ColdFusion support on this but was
    hoping someone in this group might at least understand how this kind of
    thing could happen.

    SAL, Jul 1, 2008
  4. SAL

    David Wier Guest

    So you're saying that there are other ASP.Net apps that ARE working?
    You might IIS for each of your non-working apps, to see if they might have
    been stopped, or whether ASP.Net, for some reason is reset to an earlier
    version.

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com
    bloated markup

    David Wier, Jul 1, 2008
  5. SAL

    SAL Guest

    There was one app that was unaffected, two that were not. I checked IIS for
    the properties and the version was correct and all. I had to get rid of the
    apps and redefine them to make them work again.

    Seems odd that a ColdFusion install would do that but it did it on two
    different servers.

    SAL, Jul 1, 2008
  6. Hi SAL,

    As you mentioned that after installed coldfusion 8, it start reporting 404
    not found error for ASP.NET pages, my first thought is that the
    installation may have broken the application extensxion mapping (such as
    those handler mapping for aspx, ascx ... extensions) in the IIS (SITE level
    or virtual directory level).

    I would first check the IIS application extension mappings for those
    problem web application/site to see whether those ASP.NET specific
    extensions/handlerr has been changed or removed.

    #How to: Configure an HTTP Handler Extension in IIS

    Also, the aspnet_regiis command line tool can help install script mapping
    on a IIS site or a specified virtual path:

    #ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: "SAL" <>

    <>

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jul 2, 2008
  7. SAL

    SAL Guest

    Steven,
    thank you for your reply and support. One of the things I noticed after
    having removed and re-created the applications was that version 1.1 of the
    framework was selected even after I had specified the appPool created for
    the app and the appPool had been configured with 2.0 version of the
    framework.

    If this happens again in the future I'll have more resources to check
    through. Thanks again.

    SAL, Jul 2, 2008
  8. Thanks for your followup and I'm glad that you've also got progress.

    If there is anything else we can help in the future, welcome to post here.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .