Coldfusion 8 disabling asp.net apps

SAL

Hopefully someone will have a clue as to what is happening here. In our
office, we have both ColdFusion and ASP.NET applications. One of our new
developers has been installing ColdFusion 8 on the servers and after the
install, a couple of my apps have been unreachable. IIS would report the NOT
Found error. The folders would still be there and it would still look like
it was an application viewing it in IIS. You just couldn't reach the app via
a broswer.
I've had to copy the apps to another folder, remove the app from IIS, delete
it and then recreate it to get stuff working again.

Anybody have any clue as to what might be cause a problem like this?

Thanks
SAL

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> One of our new developers has been installing ColdFusion 8 on the servers
!> and after the install, a couple of my apps have been unreachable.
!> Anybody have any clue as to what might be cause a problem like this?

Have you reported this issue to ColdFusion support ?
What do they say about it ?

SAL

Juan thanks for your response.

I have asked the developer to request ColdFusion support on this but was
hoping someone in this group might at least understand how this kind of
thing could happen.

David Wier

So you're saying that there are other ASP.Net apps that ARE working?
You might IIS for each of your non-working apps, to see if they might have
been stopped, or whether ASP.Net, for some reason is reset to an earlier
version.

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

SAL

There was one app that was unaffected, two that were not. I checked IIS for
the properties and the version was correct and all. I had to get rid of the
apps and redefine them to make them work again.

Seems odd that a ColdFusion install would do that but it did it on two
different servers.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi SAL,

As you mentioned that after installed coldfusion 8, it start reporting 404
not found error for ASP.NET pages, my first thought is that the
installation may have broken the application extensxion mapping (such as
those handler mapping for aspx, ascx ... extensions) in the IIS (SITE level
or virtual directory level).

I would first check the IIS application extension mappings for those
problem web application/site to see whether those ASP.NET specific
extensions/handlerr has been changed or removed.

#How to: Configure an HTTP Handler Extension in IIS

Also, the aspnet_regiis command line tool can help install script mapping
on a IIS site or a specified virtual path:

#ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

SAL

Steven,
thank you for your reply and support. One of the things I noticed after
having removed and re-created the applications was that version 1.1 of the
framework was selected even after I had specified the appPool created for
the app and the appPool had been configured with 2.0 version of the
framework.

If this happens again in the future I'll have more resources to check
through. Thanks again.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for your followup and I'm glad that you've also got progress.

If there is anything else we can help in the future, welcome to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).