coldfusion and dotnet applications on Windows 2003 Server

Guest

Folks,

I have both Coldfusion and dotnet applications (written in 1.1 framework) on
the same server. It's an Windows 2003 Server that has coldfusion installed
first.

My dotnet programs are not working on that Server. First page comes up, lets
you log in, second page loses the session variable (becomes null) that has
user id in it. I get NullReference exception within a minute or two.

What's wrong here? Can the Coldfusuion and .NET applications not run on the
same Server?

Thank you in advance for your help
Bhaskar

--
Bhaskar

"...fear is the path to the darkside, fear leads to anger, anger leads to
hate, hate leads to suffering..."
-- Master Yoda, Jedi Master

drdave

Are you able to turn CF off on that server to run your dotnet app and
prove CF is the culprit/conflict??

Guest

No. It's the production Server. So I want to make sure if there is anything
I can do on the .NET app website first.

Thanks
Bhaskar

drdave

You should check your web config file in the dotnet app specifically
the sessionstate tag.. maybe increasing the timeout will help??

You can see the session variables in the debug before they expire?? Are
you posting to the same page??

Can you post your code??

If you have SQLServer on the server you could also store your session
state there through yourdotnet app..
I haven't done it but it is listed in the docs..

Dave