coldfusion cfhttp command interaction

Guest

Hello,
I'm Francesco and I write from Italy. I have a web site made in ColdFusion
that makes an HTTP request to another site in coldfusion using the tag
CFHTTP. The result of the call is sent to the page. Now I have to re-create
the web site in ASP.NET but I don't now how to generate and process an HTTP
request in .NET . I tryed the HttpWebRequest but maybe i'm in the wrong way.
Thanks in advance for the help

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Francesco,

If you know the names of the fields that the target page expects, you can
put them into a name/value collection and post them using
System.Net.WebClient.

Here's a little code that might get you started:

Sub DoPost()
Dim uriString As String = _
"http://localhost/p4320work/mySpecialPage.aspx"
Dim strGoName As String
strGoName = TextBox1.Text
' Create a new WebClient instance.
Dim myWebClient As New System.Net.WebClient
Dim myNameValueCollection As New _
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
myNameValueCollection.Add("go1", strGoName)
myNameValueCollection.Add("Button1", "")
Dim responseArray As Byte() = myWebClient.UploadValues _
(uriString, "POST", myNameValueCollection)

Label1.Text = "Response received was :" & _
System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetString(responseArray)
End Sub

Let us know if this helps?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto

Guest

Ciao Ken,

I solved my problem thanks to your help.

Many thanks

Francesco