ColGroup in Mozilla?

Martin

I'm using the following in a table. It works as expected in IE but in
Mozilla (Linux), the cell contents are not centered. If I move the
"align='center'" to the <TD> tag, then it works in Mozilla.

Shouldn't this work in both browsers? Am I doing something wrong?

<colgroup>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
</colgroup>

Jukka K. Korpela

Martin said:
I'm using the following in a table. It works as expected in IE but in
Mozilla (Linux), the cell contents are not centered. If I move the
"align='center'" to the <TD> tag, then it works in Mozilla.

Mozilla, in at least some versions, simply does not support the
align="..." attribute in said:
<colgroup>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
</colgroup>

Why <colgroup>? The width attributes suggest that these are the only
columns, so there's little point in separating them from other columns
into a group of their own.

You can use style sheets to set the alignment. In this case, it seems to
be easy, since you wish to center text lines in _all_ cells. If this is
the only table on the page, you could make things as simple as

td { text-align: center; }

This works nicely on Mozilla.

Spartanicus

Mark Parnell said:
Shouldn't this work in both browsers? Am I doing something wrong?

<colgroup>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>
<col width='25%' align='center'>