Collaborating With Dreamweaver Designers

Art Vandelay

Does anyone have any real world experience or recommendations of how to let
our hardcore designers use Dreamweaver, CSS, and Templates(the pretty part)
while letting our hardcore programmers develop the "Code" part using Visual
Studio?

To do cutting edge stuff, we really need a way to let both programs do what
they do best and merge the results without it being a maintenance nightmare.

Should the programmers rough in the forms then pass the .aspx to the
designers to pretty it up? Will DW end up trashing the ASP specific code?
Anything to watch out for?

Or, should the designers stub everything in and create the intial files then
pass it off to the coders to put in the data driven stuff?

Either way, what about when it comes time to update the site? If the .aspx
pages are based on DW templates and also have the Visual Studio codebehind
links, will updating the templates and regenerating the .html in DW trash
anything out?

THANKS!

Guest

What I have began doing as of late was use both DW and VS.NET at the same
time. I create a web application with VS and then also use VS to create my
files (aspx) since VS creates the codebehind automatically and links both
files. Then I user dreamweaver to do the design work of my page since it is
a better HTML authoriing program. So, I design in DW..and write my code
behind in VS in order to use intellisense and the other features. I also
asked VS.NET to not to reformat my HTML when I switch from design to HTML
layout. This way it does not mess up my HTML (even though it still messes
with it if you start draggin and dropping controls on the page). Hope this
helps