collaborative QA testing

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Does free or cheap code to do this already exist? What is this
    generic sort of product called?

    I want to set up a collaborative QA checklist, so that many people can
    be testing at once and reporting what they have tested. Everyone sees
    the incoming results like on election night, so they can see what
    still needs to be done. It also allows for crucial stuff to be tested
    by more than one person, and to record their conflicting results.

    It might have columns for different platforms, and some sort of HTML
    script to describe the sections and tests.

    The problem is getting emergency coverage testing done at the last
    possible minute to deal with any "insignificant" last minute changes.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Roedy Green wrote:
    > Does free or cheap code to do this already exist? What is this
    > generic sort of product called?

    test case tracking tools or software. Google finds 260000+ hits when
    googling for "test case tracking".

    If you want to automate things, maybe JUnit is a start. You would still
    have to com up with something to record and analyse the results from
    JUnit runs.

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:05:15 +0200, Thomas Weidenfeller
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >If you want to automate things, maybe JUnit is a start. You would still
    >have to com up with something to record and analyse the results from
    >JUnit runs.

    I don't think Junit applies. The tests are mostly about verifying the
    visuals of the program and the UI, not its internal calculation,

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 22, 2004