collapsible lists test

Jeff Thies

I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.

This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.

Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?

I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).

I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

Jeff

spaghetti

I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.

This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.

Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?

I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).

I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

Try this:

http://www.gazingus.org/html/Using_Lists_for_DHTML_Menus.html (the
collapsable one). I think you can mimick the outline stuff by adjusting
the graphic. I'll toy with it for a bit and post if I come up with
something good.

Lauri Raittila

In said:
I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.

This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.

Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?

I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).

O7.5b1 OK
I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

u {padding-left:16px} ?