CollapsiblePanelExtender1

vijaysambhe

Hi,

I have following format for collapsible panels.

CollapsiblePanelExtender1 (expanded by default)
headerpanel
<contentpanel>
textbox1
<contentpanel>
CollapsiblePanelExtender2 (collapsed by default)

if the textbox1.text (from collapsible panel1) is "Allow" I should be
able to expand collapsiblepanels 2 .

in my pageLoad javascript
function pageLoad()
{
cpe2 = $find("secondpanel");
cpe2.add_expandComplete( expandHandler );

txt = document.getElementById("TextBox1")
}

function expandHandler( sender , args )
{
if (txt.value!='Allow')
{
cpe2.collapsePanel();

But what is happening here is when the expand event is happened for
collapsible panel2 ,
expandhandeler gets called and condition is checked and if textbox
value is not 'Allow' then the
second collapsiblepanel is getting collaped. and there is flickr
effect. like expand and collapse happening within a second. There are
many articles on flickr but those are for page load.

I want not to have this effect. I want the user to feel that the panel
is disabled even if he clicks
the second panel , it should not expand. (if the panel's enabled is
set to false then I can not find it in Find$(<behaviourid>) also dont
have clue how to find it then and how to enable it.

So please give me some feedback.

regards

Vijay