Collecting data from website ?

Andy

Hi,

I'm building a new computer system with alot of parts. As the prices
changes frequently is it possible to create something that would extract the
prices from these various websites and place them on my website so that I
could monitor them more easily ?

The only way I could think of is to use iframes, but this is somewhat of a
crude approach.

Curt_C [MVP]

I believe this is bascially what PriceWatch.com does now.
Since each site varies you'll most likely have to customize it for every
site but you can read in pages remotely. They you'll have to search the
content, parse the results, redisplay the info. It's not fun, not to mention
potentially an copyright infringement on the remote sites. Your best may be
to contact these sites, they may have a web service you can poll to get the
info, which would be the best way.