    I don't know if javascript or php/asp would be the answer...

    Thanks,
    Olav
    Olav Noksagt, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Olav Noksagt

    kaeli Guest

    In article <BE6EE91D.12794%>,
    enlightened us with...

    > I would like to make some pages, where people can get a question like:
    > "what's 4 + 4" and then click on "6", "8" or "10".
    > If "6" or "10" is clicked, the javascript should add "-1" to a hidden total,
    > but if "8" is clicked, "+1" is added to the total, and they would be
    > transferred to a page with "good" or "bad" - "you now have xx points".
    >
    > At the end all the points are shown...
    >
    > Does anyone know some scripts that can do this?
    > I don't know if javascript or php/asp would be the answer...

    I personally would use ASP or PHP for something like this.
    Too easy to hack client-side code.

    It could be done with javascript if it's just a fun little thing, but keep in
    mind that javascript doesn't have session variables that last from page to
    page unless you store it in a cookie or put it in the URL or such. So if you
    do it with javascript, the easiest way is to keep it all on one page (no
    submit to server).

    ~kaeli~
    The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher probability
    of its success.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Mar 29, 2005