    various buildings and objects. If anyone could please help me out in
    getting started on this it would be greatly appreciated.

    , Apr 16, 2008

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote,

    > If anyone could please help me out in
    >getting started on this it would be greatly appreciated.

    see thtp://mindprod.com/jgloss/hangingmoss.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Apr 16, 2008

  3. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm currently in a class in which we were assigned to develop a game
    > using java. The design layout is similar to that of the game "City
    > Jumper", where a stick figure runs across the screen and jumps over
    > various buildings and objects. If anyone could please help me out in
    > getting started on this it would be greatly appreciated.

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=collision+detection>

    But also look at doing a simple comparison based on a bounding box
    (maximum size of an object) to speed collision detection.

    Mark Space, Apr 16, 2008
  4. Jeff Higgins Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm currently in a class in which we were assigned to develop a game
    > using java. The design layout is similar to that of the game "City
    > Jumper", where a stick figure runs across the screen and jumps over
    > various buildings and objects. If anyone could please help me out in
    > getting started on this it would be greatly appreciated.

    Why start another thread in c.l.j.gui
    with the same subject and body?

    Why does "City Jumper" get the respect
    of capitalization and Java doesn't?

    Is this a collaborative or individual assignment?

    Where are you stuck?

    <http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>
    <http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html>
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/>