    Is it possible to tell print() or println() in System.out to print stuff
    out to the console in color? Please show me how. Thanks

    -Jay
    mdx, Mar 13, 2006

  2. "mdx" <> wrote in message
    news:337Rf.382$...
    > Hello all
    >
    > Is it possible to tell print() or println() in System.out to print stuff
    > out to the console in color? Please show me how. Thanks

    You can do that with ANSI escape sequences if your console supports that.

    Niels Dybdahl
    Niels Dybdahl, Mar 13, 2006

  3. mdx

    IchBin Guest

    Niels Dybdahl wrote:
    > "mdx" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all
    >>
    >> Is it possible to tell print() or println() in System.out to print stuff
    >> out to the console in color? Please show me how. Thanks

    > You can do that with ANSI escape sequences if your console supports that.
    >
    > Niels Dybdahl

    Never tried it. Don't think you can do it. I guess if you could write
    some type of > VT220. I could be wrong.

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Mar 13, 2006

    IchBin wrote:
    > Never tried it. Don't think you can do it. I guess if you could
    > write some type of > VT220. I could be wrong.

    I believe you are. AFAIK an ANSI driver for "Windows" text consoles
    has been available since MSDOS 2.0 or thereabouts.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Mar 14, 2006
  5. mdx

    IchBin Guest

    Gordon Beaton wrote:
    >> Niels Dybdahl wrote:
    >> You can do that with ANSI escape sequences if your console supports
    >> that.

    > IchBin wrote:
    >> Never tried it. Don't think you can do it. I guess if you could
    >> write some type of > VT220. I could be wrong.

    > I believe you are. AFAIK an ANSI driver for "Windows" text consoles
    > has been available since MSDOS 2.0 or thereabouts.
    >
    > /gordon

    Gordan.. Thanks for setting me straight.

    IchBin, Mar 14, 2006
  6. mdx

    mcoolive

    Joined:
    May 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hello,

    It is an old post, so my answer is more for people that will Google on this subject.

    I wrote an article on this suject recently. It provides a global understanding of the terminal, console colorisation and point other article on this subject.

    http://blog.fastconnect.fr/?p=568&lang=en

    ---
    mcoolive, May 12, 2012