Color of a text in a <input type=text> when the tag is DISABLED

Romeyer Olivier

First sorry for my english.
I would like to put a text color in a <input type=text DISABLED>. If i try
this :
<input type=texte name="TTC" size=10 style="text-align:right;BORDER-BOTTOM:
#FFFFFF 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #FFFFFF 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #FFFFFF 1px
solid; BORDER-TOP: #FFFFFF 1px solid;color: #CC0000;FONT-WEIGHT: bold;">
my result is Gray Bold. My question is, it is possible to put a color in
this case ?
Thks for our answers.

Olivier R.

chriz

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple enter this

<head>
.textbox1 {color:red}

<input type="text" class="textbox1" disabled>

Good luck - hope it works -- it should cos it does it on my web-sit

chri

Mark Parnell

textbox1 {color:red}

<input type="text" class="textbox1" disabled>

Good luck - hope it works -- it should cos it does it on my web-site

No it doesn't. It _might_ if you add a . before the textbox1 in the CSS.
But browsers vary greatly in how much they will let you change the look
of form elements.

Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
this site? They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are using is
stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it is their
own. There is no original material at all on the website you are looking
at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at - you
will get a far better reaction to your question.

If you can not use a newsreader then http://groups.google.com will
provide you web based access into usenet, and they don't lie about the
content being their own.

Jeffrey Silverman

No it doesn't. It _might_ if you add a . before the textbox1 in the CSS.
But browsers vary greatly in how much they will let you change the look of
form elements.

He does have a dot. Look at the post carefully: I see a dot.

Jeffrey Silverman

Where is the dot? Or did you forget the smiley?

I know we are splitting hairs here, but in my newsreader, I see the
post in question as:
=============================
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple enter this

<head>
..textbox1 {color:red}

<input type="text" class="textbox1" disabled>

Good luck - hope it works -- it should cos it does it on my web-site

chriz

See? There *is* a dot!

I cut and pasted the post in question and I did *not* add the dot myself.

later....

PeterMcC

I know we are splitting hairs here, but in my newsreader, I see the
post in question as:
=============================
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!> <html>
<head>
.textbox1 {color:red}

<input type="text" class="textbox1" disabled>
Simple enter this

Good luck - hope it works -- it should cos it does it on my web-site

chriz

See? There *is* a dot!

I cut and pasted the post in question and I did *not* add the dot
myself.

later....

The confusion isn't because Mark can't see the dot when it's there - it's
that forum4designers seems to have snipped the dot as it sent it to the news
server.

On their "forum" the dots are in the right places but when it's viewed in
alt.html the dot's missing (OE with QF) and now the above
.textbox1 {color:red}
is showing in the "forum" as having two dots - I'll be interested to see how
this looks when it gets there.

If you're reading this in the "forum" and getting information about CSS,
which often has lines with a leading dot, perhaps you should get a Usenet
client so that you can make sure that you're getting the right information.

Mark Parnell

The confusion isn't because Mark can't see the dot when it's there - it's
that forum4designers seems to have snipped the dot as it sent it to the news
server.

Oh dear. This is worse than I thought.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Jeffrey. :)

rf

Mark Parnell said:
Oh dear. This is worse than I thought.

This is not just worse, it's downright stupid.

The people over at CLJ have been complaining that this 'forum' throws away
all the nice indenting they like to use when writing javascript. Now we find
that said 'forum' is intentionally introducing errors into code examples.

What a bloody wast of bandwidth.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Jeffrey. :)

I think the misunderstanding is all on the part of the boneheads who wrote
this piece of software and the unsuspecting unfortunates who have been
sucked into using it.

FWIW groups.google display the entire thread correctly, with one dot in both
the original posting and the copy/pasted version Jeffrey posted.

The 'forum' shows the first dot but shows a double dot in the copy/pasted
version. Here it is, copy/pasted directly from my browser:

<head>
...textbox1 {color:red}

I just wonder how *this* post will appear in that 'forum' :)

I suggest that anybody reading this post from http://www.forum4designers.com
either get a newsreader and access this newsgroup directly or use
http://groups.google.com to access the newsgroup from the web. This 'forum'
is a waste of time.

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

The people over at CLJ have been complaining that this 'forum' throws away
all the nice indenting they like to use when writing javascript. Now we find
that said 'forum' is intentionally introducing errors into code examples.

What a bloody wast of bandwidth.

We may have to add something to that post of yours that everyone has
been using.
<head>
..textbox1 {color:red}

I just wonder how *this* post will appear in that 'forum' :)

Could be interesting. I'm guessing 3 dots. Or maybe 1. Certainly not 2,
anyway.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
examples.

We may have to add something to that post of yours that everyone has
been using.

Yep. Somebody over at CLJ has added a bit to it already :)
Could be interesting. I'm guessing 3 dots. Or maybe 1. Certainly not 2,
anyway.

<quote>
....textbox1 {color:red}
</quote>

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
Care to share it? I don't follow CLJ.

They added this to the bottom:

<quote>
If you have no access to a newsreader, then try groups.google.com where
they allow you to sign up, post, recieve replies, but they don't lie and
claim the content as there own.
</quote>

Perhaps we could add
<quote>
If you are posting from this 'forum' and have included any CSS then be aware
that the software the forum uses will strip any leading dots from your CSS
rules, making them invalid.

If you are reading a usenet post using this 'forum' then be aware that any
javascript examples you may see will have the indented formatting removed
and will be quite hard to read, and not what the author of those examples
intended.
</quote>

This could go on indefinitely :)
Let me guess. That one has 4? This could go on indefinitely.

<runs to check/>

.....textbox1 {color:red}

Yep, four dots, large as life :)

Cheers